Class Date: Friday March 15, 2019 Time 10 AM – 4:30 PM, Please bring your lunch.
Cost $30.00 if you sign up and pay by March 9. After that date cost is $35.00.
(Cash or Checks made out to Joyce Brenner)
Please call or go to TK Quilting to sign up during their business hours on Tuesday, Friday, or Saturday.
This class is for one of three rugs: The oval, rectangle, or round rugs.
What you need:
- Jelly Roll Rug pattern – TK sells the pattern, they have all three and the batting rolls.
- Fabric for rugs. Get your pattern early so you can gather your supplies.
Sewing machine in good working order. Bring your instructions book.
- Good quality thread, a color that will blend with your fabric choices. You will use lots of thread-two regular spools or one large one. It’s helpful to have 5 or 6 bobbins wound before you come.
- 90/14 jean needle for your sewing machine.
- A walking foot.
- Straight pins, scissors, rotary cutter (sharp blade), ruler, seam ripper, scissors, etc.
- Three large aluminum roasting pans. Size 13’ x 20’ x 3 or 4” This sounds silly but we will tape them upside down beside your machine bed so you have a large flat space to work on.
- Quilting gloves- I bought garden gloves at Bargain Barn. Light weight and mostly rubber. You will only be using it on your left hand.
- If you have Best Press or sizing bring it along. I found I just needed lots of steam.
- The Wonder clips are helpful but not necessary.
- If doing the oval or round rug bring a large plastic bowl to put your ball of strips in.
We will hopefully finish in class. If not you will have enough info to finish on your own. If you have any questions call or email me at the above number and email address.